New Personal Training Program:
The Personal Training component of The Mental Health Gym is designed to provide additional guidance for those members whose commitment to mental fitness, positive psychology, and goal-achieving psychotherapy is active and ongoing.
Personal Training is an educational process that would take place on a monthly basis. Each month there would be a separate self-contained topic. It is not designed to be a substitute for psychotherapy, but it can be used as an educational supplement for those of you in therapy as well as a self-help tool for high-functioning individuals who are interested in maximizing their mental health.
Professionals who want to learn more about using our concepts in their counseling or coaching practices will also gain from personal training.
The tentative format will include:
- Introducing the next month’s topic on or about the 20th of the month;
- Register for Personal Training by the 5th of the next month;
- Registrants for that month’s training will have access to a video discussion of the month’s topic for which will be made available early in the month;
- Each month will have its own training module that will include exercises and readings;
- Special access for personal training with me will be available by email and/or possibly a toll-free phone number;
- If there is interest, a conference call can be set up near the end of the month so that we can share ideas and learn from each other about our experiences with the topic of the month;
- There will be a nominal charge of $25 the members of The Mental Health Gym (with a higher charge for others) for each month’s training;
- Each month’s topic will be self-contained. No long-term commitments will be required. Registrants would sign up for one month at a time for only those topics that interest and benefit them.
Watch your email for a letter from The Mental Health Gym requesting your input about the format, other suggestions, and ideas for topics. Some of the proposed topics so far include: Using the Past to Build Your Future; Overcoming the Addiction to 2nd Place; Learning to Think Positively Automatically; Developing a Healthy Lifestyle by Taking Small Steps in The Right Direction.
The first Personal Training is scheduled for September, 2012, and the topic will be announced on or around August 20th. That give you time to send me your thoughts, comments, and expressions of interest
Ron Kaiser, Ph.D.